Cyprus, officially called the Republic of Cyprus, is an island country in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. It is the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean, and is located south of Turkey.
Cyprus Citizenship Program & Benefits
Cypriot citizenship can be acquired by foreign investors via the “Scheme for Naturalization of Non-Cypriot Investors by Exception”. This scheme is based on subsection (2) of section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2015.
The law allows investors, their spouses, and dependent children up to 28 years of age to acquire citizenship under one single investment. Dependent parents of the primary applicant can also be included in the same application for an additional investment.
Qualified investors will be able to acquire citizenship within 6 months with no residency requirements.
To qualify for citizenship, an applicant must invest a minimum of €2,000,000 in real estate (held for 5 years) and make €150,000 in mandatory government donations by choosing one of the following options:
- Residential Real Estate + Donation
- Mixed Real Estate + Donation
- European citizenship and passport in about 6 months
- No residency requirement or interview to acquire citizenship
- Visa-Free travel to more than 173 countries and territories, including Schengen, UK, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates
- Right to live, work, and study anywhere in Europe
- Dependent children up to 28 years old can be part of the same application
- Citizenship is granted for life and is irrevocable
- No tax on foreign income for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Cyprus