Saint Lucia is an Eastern Caribbean island nation with a pair of dramatically tapered mountains, the Pitons, on its west coast. Its coast is home to volcanic beaches, reef-diving sites, luxury resorts and fishing villages.
Saint Lucia Citizenship Program & Benefits
Saint Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program was established in late 2015 following parliamentary assent to Act No. 14 of 2015 on the 24th of August, 2015. Regulations of the citizenship program are cited in statutory instrument no. 89 of 2015 with subsequent amendments being introduced in statutory instrument no. 1 of 2017.
Citizenship is granted to qualified applicants within 4 to 5 months with no residency requirements. Once the applicant is granted citizenship, he/she becomes a citizen for life.
To qualify for citizenship, applicants need to undergo a strict due diligence process, in addition to making a contribution via one of the two following channels:
- Non-Refundable Contribution (donation) to Saint Lucia National Economic Fund
- Purchase of real estate in a government approved project AND payment of applicable government fees
- Visa-Free travel to 145 countries, including Schengen and UK
- No residency requirement or interview to acquire citizenship
- Citizenship is granted for life and is irrevocable
- No tax obligation for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Saint Lucia
- Dependent children up to the age of 25 can be part of the same application